Thursday, May 23, 2013

introduction

My intentions for this blog are still up in the air, so wheres a girl to start?!

 I'm a 21 year old LDS momma of one beautiful, perfect, incredibly special little man cub. Within the last year, me and my now-husband have become engaged, pregnant, married, roommates, fur parents to our golden retriever Charlie, and mom and dad to our son Owen... in that order! It has been, by far, the best year of my life. I'm not sure how it would have gone without the gospel (horribly, i can assume!) but luckily we didn't have to find out! We are extremely blessed in every aspect of our lives. We live in Mesa near the LDS temple, love our ward, our jobs (Klay works at the hospital and i'm a full time stay-at-home-momma) and each other. We spend our days exploring, talking and just generally enjoying each others company no matter what we're doing! These days you can usually find us at one of our in-laws houses, at the pool, at the mall or grocery shopping at the local farmer's market. Recently we have become very interested in clean eating and the basics of raw veganism. I have even been working out a tiny bit at the local pool... what?? We've been messing around with new recipes and finding ways to get the most out of our youth, but aren't at the point where we could classify ourselves as vegan or full-time clean eaters. I'm assuming that will come with time. Nutrition has always been important to us, but recently even more so as I'm now the soul provider of nutrients for Owen - Breast is Best! (yes i'm one of those women) and have found myself in a completely different body after pregnancy. I'm assuming these posts will gear toward our fitness and health goals, if not just updates of our lives, so i will continue to say that my new body completely freaked me out. I have boobs. I have curves. Its craziness! At first i HATED it and longed for my prepregnancy body, but now I think its kind of beautiful and awesome! I do have excess weight to shed, which will come with time, but my body is so incredible. It has done everything I have asked it to do in regards to carrying, nurturing, birthing and feeding my sweet baby. I couldn't be more thankful for that. Anyways I'm hoping these posts will do well to keep anyone who is interested up to date on our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment